Cool Stuff

Friday, February 10, 2012

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan vs. Tai Chi Chasers

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan is a great anime.  It is also called or known as Nurarihyon no Mago.  Target viewers should be of a young adult or older age bracket.  The storyline is remarkable and easy to follow.  As of right now there are two seasons and they are both excellent.  Most of the anime I have watched, and my list is over 75 different anime, have failed when a second season is aired.  This anime however doesn't.  I rate this anime a solid 4.5 stars out of 5.

Tai Chi Chasers is an okay cartoon.  I use the word cartoon because that is what it is.  The target age is somewhere around like 10 years of age.  The storyline so far, I say so far since it is only about fourteen episodes long, is good and should be easy to follow.  The main characters are grade school kids, which is why I refer to it as a cartoon and the fact that it is or was shown on the 4kids network.  I do look forward to future episodes since it is starting to get interesting and might actually mature into an anime.  I would rate it currently at 3.5 stars out of 5.

As far as versus goes, I would totally have to go with Nura instead of Tai Chi Chasers.  Since the Tai Chi Chasers doesn't seem to be based on Tai Chi or at least the Tai Chi that I know I feel that it would be a great cartoon for kids to start watching.  If I had kids I would let them watch this.  Tai Chi Chasers is a group of kids that search for Tai Chi characters and use them, which are imprinted on cards kind of like Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Ho.  Nura is a story based on a boy named Nura Rikuo who is 1/4 Yokai and 3/4 human.  Yokai means Specter in the Japanese to English translation I used.  Apparently all yokai are evil, but this anime shows a different side to some of them.  I really enjoyed this anime.

No comments:

Post a Comment