Cool Stuff

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Nodame Cantabile with Paris and Finale

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR THE CLASSICAL MUSIC FAN!

I started watching this anime because I read it in an online quiz on "how much do you know anime" and because of that quiz I wrote down all the anime that I had never heard about.  That's why I started watching, but the reason I kept watching is something different.  I kept watching this anime because of the character development in the story and my interest in classical music.  Within the show, which starts in Japan, you have two main characters -- Nodame and Chiaki -- who are complete opposites and somehow fall in love.  Chiaki is great with piano and the violin, but becomes a great composer.  Nodame is a great pianist and an Otaku (nerd) to boot.  They are not head over heels from the beginning and it doesn't really get there until the end of the Nodame Cantabile:Finale season, but for all those hopeless romantics, this anime is for you.  Also, if you are a music major and/or love classical music this is an anime for you.   Since I like anime, classical music, and really good storyline, this anime was pretty freaking good.  I would give it a solid four out of five stars.  Some of the music is fun and original in the anime.

FYI:  Some of the music played in this anime are: Liszt, Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Chopin, and Schumann, plus others.

No comments:

Post a Comment